The achievement of science in the twentieth century has been very great. Its influence can be felt in every sphere of life. From the small pins and needles to the huge iron sheets and joints, most of the things we require for our everyday use, come out of factories where scientific principles are utilized for practical ends. Science has enabled man to bring forces of nature under control and to use them for his own advantage. It has brought the distant parts of the world close together. Our knowledge of the universe has been much widened on account of the untiring efforts of the astronomers like Jeans and Eddington. Remarkable cures of human diseases have been possible owing to the discovery of some wonderful medicines.
1. The main idea of the passage is
(1) the impact of science can be felt in every sphere of life
(2) science is an anathema
(3) nothing is beyond the purview of science
(4) science can work miracles
2. The mode of approach is
3. What has enabled man to harness the forces of nature to the advantage of mankind?
4. Science has proved a great boon for
5. The most appropriate title for the passage will be
(1) Science is a curse
(2) Science, a great boon
(3) Achievements of science
(4) None of these
- (1) The impact of science can be felt in every sphere of life
- (4) expository
- (4) Science
- (4) mankind
- (2) Science, a great boon
- Where is the greatest average annual precipitation?
- Which ore contains both calcium and magnesium?
- Which is produced by rain water action?
- Which industry in India was worst affected because of the partition?
- Which was known as Chalco-lithic Age?
- Which Grasslands not support any trees?
- Which is a major constituent of Biogas?
- The President of the Indian Union has the same constitutional authority as which country?
- Which plant produces seed but not fruit?
- By whom was capital of the Mughal Empire shifted from Agra to Delhi?