Seoul’s City Government is asking people for help to correct poorly translated Street signs with prices on offer for__1__ who spot the most errors. it’s running (2) two-week campaign calling on Koreans and foreigners (3) to keep their eyes filled for (4) in English, Japanese and Chinese text, the Korea Times reports. There’s a (5) focus on public transport signs, maps and information signs at historic sites, as part of a drive to improve the experience of foreign tourist in the South Korean capital.
Q.1 Select the most appropriate option for blank number 1
Q.2 Select the most appropriate option for blank number 2
Q.3 Select the most appropriate option for blank number 3
Q.4 Select the most appropriate option for blank number 4
Q.5 Select the most appropriate option for blank number 5
Q.6 Select the synonyms of the given word
Q.7 In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error
We had to decline several orders in case that the production was held up Due to labour strike.
- in case that
- the production was held up
- due to labour Strike
- we had to decline
ANSWER: in case that
Q.8 Select the most appropriate word to fill in the blank
His company has the______ of producing the best cricket ball in the country.
Q.9 select the antonym of the given word
Q.10 select the antonym of the given word
Q.11 select the wrongly spelt word
Q.12 select the most appropriate word to fill in the blank
around 60 bands in colourful ______ took part in the Notting Hill Carnival.
Q.13 the word which means the same as the group of the word given
Q.14 select the most appropriate option to suitable the bold segment in the given sentence. if no substitution is required, select no improvement.
the worker of the textile factory demanded higher wages for long time.
- have been demanding higher wages
- demand higher wages
- no improvement
- has demanded higher wages
Q.15 select the most appropriate option to suitable the bold segment in the given sentence. if no substitution is required, select no improvement.
if you park your car here, the traffic police has fined you.
- will find you
- no improvement
- fine you
- fined you
ANSWER: will find you
Q.16 given below are for jumbled sentence. select the option that gives their correct order.
- the cafe’s owner says he’s interested in conversation, and hopes customers will realise the animal are worth saving, even though they often have a bad reputation.
- none of them are Venomous, meaning customers can get up close and personal with the reptiles.
- hear your sip drink in the company of 35 snakes.
- this cafe, which has just opened in Tokyo not for the faint hearted
Q.17 given below are four jumbled sentences. select the option that gives their correct order
- an environmental group perform a necropsy on the animal and founded about 40 kilograms of plastic, included grocery bag and rice sacks.
- A 4.7-metre long whale died on Saturday in the Philippines where it was standard a day earlier.
- ” it’s very disgusting and heartbreaking,” he said. ‘We’ve the necropsy on 61 dolphins and Wales in the last 10 years and this is one of the biggest amounts of plastic we have seen.”
- “The animal died from starvation and able to eat because of that trash filling its stomach,” said Darrell Blatchley, director of D’Bone collector museum Inc.
Q.18 Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
to play Ducks and drakes
- to use recklessly
- to change places
- to be friendly
- to act cleverly
ANSWER: to use recklessly
Q 19. in the sentence identifies the segment which contains the grammatical error.
cyclone Idai killed at least 157 people in Zimbabwe and Mozambique although it tore across Southern Africa.
- cyclone Idai killed
- it tore across
- at least 157 people
Q.20 select the correct active form of a given sentence.
every passing vehicle was being thoroughly checked by the guards
- the Guards were thoroughly checking every passing vehicle.
- the guards have thoroughly checked every passing vehicle
- every passing vehicle worth orally checking the guards.
- the guards have been thoroughly checking every passing vehicle.
ANSWER: the Guards were thoroughly checking every passing vehicle.
Q.21 select the wrongly spelt word
Q.22 check the synonyms of the given word
Q.23 Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
at daggers drawn
- deceiving somebody
- Without hope
- friendly with each other
- bitterly hostile
ANSWER: bitterly hostile
Q.24 select the word which means the same as the group of words given
a student who idly or without excuse absent himself/herself from school.
Q.25 select the correct passive form of the given sentence.
do not buy medicine without the doctor’s prescription.
- medicines should not be bought without the doctor’s prescription
- medicines need not be bought without the doctor’s prescription
- medicines might not be bought without the doctor’s prescription
- medicines could not be bought without the doctor’s prescription
ANSWER: medicines should not be bought without the doctor’s prescription