Hello student, Welcome to my blog ssckhabar. In this post we are provide Sentence Arrangement PQRS Quiz. Those student are preparing for SSC CGL, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS and Any other exam which is conducted by SSC, this quiz are beneficial for you. Take this exam and improve your score.
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 20
1. When the Impressionists
P. they made them look like
Q. everyday and often putting
R. people you would see
S. painted pictures of people
6. more emphasis on the scene.Correct
Question 2 of 20
1. Science is concerned with finding out how things actually happen.
P. He showed that a light object falls to the ground at the same rate as a heavy object.
Q. It does not mean laying down principles as to how they ought to happen.
R. This did not agree with the views of most learned men of that time.
S. The most famous example of this concerns Galileo’s discovery about falling bodies.
6. But Galileo proved his point experimentally by dropping weights from the Leaning Tower of Pisa.Correct
Question 3 of 20
1. After inventing dynamite, Alfred Nobel became a rich man.
P. He created a fund just two weeks before his death.
Q. Alfred did not want to be remembered as the inventor of dynamite.
R. H e apprehended its universally destructive power too late.
S. Prizes are given from this fun d to people for their enormous contributions to humanity.
6. Nobel prizes for various disciplines are awarded each year on the anniversary of his death.Correct
Question 4 of 20
1. The pungent vapour that is released
P. which make our eyes stream and nose run,
Q. contains irritant chemicals
R. when we chop onions
S. eases congestion as well as
6. flushes out virus particles.Correct
Question 5 of 20
1. Miss Sullivan led Helen into her room and gave her a doll.
P. Helen was simply making her fingers go in monkey-like imitation.
Q. Miss Sullivan tried to make Helen understand that ‘d-o-l- l’ applied to both.
R. Miss Sullivan spelled the word ‘d-o-l-l’ on to Helen’s hand.
S. Miss Sullivan put her big rag doll into her lap and also spelled ‘d-o-l-l’.
6. Her teacher had been with her several weeks before Hel en understood that everything has a name.Correct
Question 6 of 20
1. Marie chose to study Physics
P. that investigates the four forces at work
Q. in the universe
R. which is a branch of science
S. both on a large scale, as in the solar system
6. or on a small scale, as in atoms.Correct
Question 7 of 20
1. A proposal has been made
P. tourists will continue to visit game parks
Q. to-trim the horns of rhinos to discourage poachers
R. and the question is whether
S. t o see rhinos once the animals’ horns
6. have been trimmed.Correct
Question 8 of 20
1. Sapp h o was on e of the greatest and earliest of women poets.
P. Whatever we know about her poetry today is from t he quotations found in the works of others.
Q. She lived on the island of Lesbos in the late 600’s BC.
R. Most of Sappho’s works – about 10 books of verse have been destroyed.
S. Only one of her poems has survived in its complete form.
6. Without doubt, she was one of the best lyric poets of Ancient Greece.Correct
Question 9 of 20
1. Most men spend most of their lives looking after and waiting upon machines.
P. They must be fed well and kept at right temperatures.
Q. They might burst with rage and blow up causing ruin.
R. If they do not get their meals they refuse to work.
S. Machines are every stern masters.
6. So, men need to wait upon machines attentively.Correct
Question 10 of 20
1 .Books have been present since the time the first scripts were formed — about 5000 years ago.
P. The books of that time looked different from the ones available today.
Q. Then an important invention, letter press printing, also known as ‘black art’ changed the world.
R. Later, the books came in the form of rollers, or texts were stapled together and covered with a wooden book cover.
S. Initially, people bound the small clay tablets together with leather bands.
6. There was no longer the need to write text by hand; instead copies of text could be made with the help of a printing press.Correct
Question 11 of 20
1. The harnessing of our rivers
P. is a great national problem
Q. the waters of which
R. which must be considered
S. now mostly run to waste
6. and dealt with on national lines.Correct
Question 12 of 20
1. Many people drive
P. hopelessly jammed
Q. their own cars to work
R. the roads would become
S. but if everyone did this
6. especially during rush-hours.Correct
Question 13 of 20
1. I realize that peace and
P. security are rightful aims,
Q. violent adventure is probably
R. and that my own desire for
S. merely an adaptation to the
6. age in which I live.Correct
Question 14 of 20
1. The first illness I read about was cholera.
P. I sat for a while, too frightened to move.
Q. I came to malaria.
R. As I read t h e list of symptoms, it seemed to me that perhaps I had cholera myself.
S. Then, in a kind of dream, I started to turn the pages of the book again.
6. Yes, there was no doubt about it — I had malaria too.Correct
Question 15 of 20
1. Lata was caught in a traffic jam.
P. Would she really have to miss the interview ?
Q. But the vehicles on either side looked as though they would be there forever.
R. The reason was that she was due t o appear for an interview in less than half- an-hour.
S. She was fretting : she could not afford to be late.
6. Or, worse — would she arrive late and create a bad first impression ?Correct
Question 16 of 20
1. When you are debating whether to
P. but also helps you stay
Q. take your evening walk or skip it
R. not only keeps your weight in check
S. remember that taking a long a walk
6. calm and relaxed.Correct
Question 17 of 20
1. The enzymes in washing powder
P. making them able to survive
Q. come from bacteria
R. to live in hot springs
S. that have evolved
6. the rigours of the hot cycle.Correct
Question 18 of 20
1. The lion used to be very widely distributed in Africa and Asia.
P. There are special forest zones set aside for wild-life in various countries.
Q. Indiscriminate killing has caused the number to fall.
R. Today they are a relatively rare species.
S. If the species survives at all, it will be only in national parks.
6. No hunting is permitted in such reserved areas.Correct
Question 19 of 20
1. After the tornado had hit the coastal areas,
P. my house was gone,
Q. I became a pauper overnight
R. my fields were completely destroyed,
S. my livestock was lost and
6. though m y neighbor’s house remained untouched.Correct
Question 20 of 20
1. Many scientists are working on safer and better ways to kill mosquitoes.
P. Bringing more of these animals into places where mosquitoes live might help.
Q. Mosquitoes have many natural enemies like bats, birds, etc.
R. Mosquito nets can be used for protection.
S. But, there is no sure way to protect everyone from their deadly bites.
6. This is a natural solution.Correct