- Which among the following chronology is correct regarding four ‘samvatas’ ?
- (1) Gupta–Gregorian–Hizri–Saka
- (2) Gregorian–Saka–Hizri–Gupta
- (3) Saka–Gregorian–Hizri–Gupta
- (4) Hizri–Gupta–Gregorian–Saka
- The home of Gargi, Maitrey, and Kapila was at
- (1) Vidisha
- (2) Ujjain
- (3) Pataliputra
- (4) Mithila
- Which area of India was known as Avantika in ancient times?
- (1) Avadh
- (2) Ruhelkhand
- (3) Bundelkhand
- (4) Malwa
- The Social System of the Harappans was :
- (1) Fairly egalitarian
- (2) Slave-Labour based
- (3) Colour (Varna) based
- (4) Caste-based
- Which of the following Vedas provides information about the civilization of the Early Vedic Age?
- (1) Rig-veda
- (2) Yajur-veda
- (3) Atharva-veda
- (4) Sama-veda
- The university which became famous in the post-Gupta Era was :
- (1) Kanchi
- (2) Taxila
- (3) Nalanda
- (4) Vallabhi
- Banabhatta was the court poet of which emperor?
- (1) Vikramaditya
- (2) Kumaragupta
- (3) Harshavardhana
- (4) Kanishka
- The first Indian ruler, who established the supremacy of the Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea was :
- (1) Rajaraja I
- (2) Rajendra I
- (3) Rajadhiraja I
- (4) Kulottunga I
Answer: Rajaraja I
- Which statement on the Harappan Civilisation is correct?
- (1) Horse sacrifice was known to them.
- (2) Cow was sacred to them.
- (3) ‘Pashupati’ was venerated by them.
- (4) The culture was not generally static.
Answer: The culture was not generally static.
- The First Tirthankara of the Jains was :
- (1) Arishtanemi
- (2) Parshvanath
- (3) Ajitanath
- (4) Rishabha